Welcome to PamlicoTackle.com!

Minnesott Beach Fishing Reports

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Christmas Gifts

Christmas is just around the corner and I want to share some of gift possibilities.
Quality TFO and Diawa rods and reels from $25 - $200
Cast Nets - $20 and up
Stick IT Poles $59 and up
Tackle Boxes - $20 and up
Stainless Fish Spatula - $15
Kershaw Knives (lifetime) - $20 and up
Stocking Stuffers – lures, line, line snippers  and stuff
Gift Certificates - $20 and up for Tackle or Charters!
AND – look at my previous post discounts and get them as well!
COME AND GET IT!

Posted by Capt. Dave on 11/23/13

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Windy Me Day

I took a ME day to get out a check out the fish – wish I had pick the weather too – Dam it Blew.
Started out in New Bern chasing top water rock and successful it was but the bite & fight was funky. Storm Chug Bug did the job.  I had to aggravate the heck out of them to hook up – they were just swirling, not blow up, until I would jack up my speed and it was all over. Went to the reef and bridge but the wind won!
The afternoon was up in a special creek of mine checking it out from front to back. I found small trout all over scattered catching several dozen and stuck 3 nice ones for table fare. This bite was also funky – hooked 2 in the back. They were just slapping at baits. No hogs but great time with winds better than 20! I caught all the fish on Rapala Twitchin Rap and DOA 1/8 oz Jig Head with a CAL Curly Tail – they worked great in the wind. Would have been tough on a charter but showed me fish are there.
I have a few opens in November with Thanksgiving week getting real busy! Love It. Call if you would like to get out and have a fun trip where I will work the hardest to get you on your target.
Also – look back a past post and check out my sale – must mention ad for discounts AND please send your public comments into Fisheries about trout regs. We all need to voice our opinions.

Posted by Capt. Dave on 11/19/13

Monday, November 18, 2013

Speckled Trout NC Fisheries ACtion Request

I have my own thoughts on this matter but wish not to discuss - I will send in my comments and that is what all - Recreational & Commercial - need to do as requested. This is our rights as citizens of this great country - stand up and speak your wishes with sound basis and examples.

Pat McCrory, Governor              John E. Skvarla, III, Secretary

N.C. Department of Environment and Natural Resources

Release: Immediate                              Contact: Patricia Smith
Date: Nov. 18, 2013                   Phone: 252-726-7021

Public comment sought on spotted seatrout management measures

MOREHEAD CITY – The N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries is accepting public comment until Jan. 18. on a draft supplement to the Spotted Seatrout Fishery Management Plan.

The draft supplement provides the Marine Fisheries Commission with alternatives to implementing stricter commercial and recreational spotted seatrout fishing regulations set to begin in February. It was developed to address a commission vote in August to keep the current commercial and recreational size, bag and trip limits for spotted seatrout – action that requires a change in the fishery management plan.

Under the current fishery management plan, the existing regulations are14-inch minimum size limit, four-fish recreational bag limit, 75-fish commercial trip limit and weekend commercial closure (except in Albemarle and Currituck sounds) . In February, the daily recreational bag limit will drop to three fish per person, with a Dec. 15-Jan. 31 recreational closure, and the commercial trip limit will reduce to 25 fish, with no commercial closures if the draft supplement is not adopted.

The draft supplement examines the reasons for not implementing the stricter management measures and provides the commission with the option of maintaining the existing regulations.

The draft supplement also provides the commission the option of implementing less stringent regulations that keep the 14-inch minimum size limit but increases the recreational bag limit to a six-fish (with no more than two of the six fish greater than 24 inches). This option would eliminate the commercial trip limit but keeps the provision for no commercial possession or sale on weekends (except licensed finfish dealers).

Written comments should be sent to Chip Collier, 127 Cardinal Drive, Wilmington, N.C. 28405 or Chip.Collier@ncdenr.gov.

Draft Supplement A to the Spotted Seatrout Fishery Management Plan can be found online at http://portal.ncdenr.org/web/mf/fmps-under-development.

For more information, contact Collier at 910-796-7291 or Chip.Collier@ncdenr.gov.

###

Posted by Capt. Dave on 11/18/13

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

ROCKIN!

Want an exciting low fare fishing trip? How about catching the Neuse River Rock! The top water and jigs bite is on! I offer a 4 hour trip either am or pm with best top water action early or late in the day – up to 3 people but prefer 2 for your better enjoyment - $350 includes all but inland fishing license. Book a 6 hour trip and get $50 discount - $400. Discount good through December 2013 – Book Now.

Posted by Capt. Dave on 11/12/13

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

2013 Inventory Reduction and Charter Sale

Look at store specials for details - great deals at my loss!

Posted by Capt. Dave on 11/06/13

Monday, November 04, 2013

TOP WATER ROCK

Wind and Cold didn’t stop the Fraternity Brothers this year – My health did last year though!
I had the opportunity to have Lin Respess, Fred Thranhardt & Bob Dillard aboard this morning showing them the fabulous top water rock action we have. We had 2 hours of numerous blow ups, hook ups and boating of nice slot rock on Storm Chug Bugs and DOA Airheads.  Action was the best I have seen this year and hold to give us a strong late fall. Did manage 2 box fish in the lower slot but released a few in the middle 23-24 inch range that would fall in inland slot later in the day.
Didn’t get to do much subsurface fishing as wind kicked up bad – that would have made for a complete package! Jigging up the Rock.
Book your trip now to experience the excitement.

Posted by Capt. Dave on 11/04/13